POTATOES MAKE EVERYTHING TASTE BETTER!
Create, sweat and share your ultimate potato based recipe for a chance to win smashing prizes – including a share of R10 000.
We all love cooking but very few of us know how to transform food into exquisite art that is music to the tongue. As for the ol humble spud…lo & behold, the amount of shade it has received over the years is unbelievable. As Aristotle once said: “knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” Potatoes have had to do some serious introspection and reflect on their biological and fun attributes. When all is said and done, it’s safe to say that potatoes are the queens of every proudly South African dish - versatile, tasty, healthy, always fresh and always in season!
Charm us with your novel yet delicious potato dish to stand in line to be our inaugural Potato Smackdown Champ.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to wow South Africans with your creative flair in the kitchen, share a potato wealthy recipe for the ultimate opportunity to walk away with R10 000 cash.
HOW IT WORKS
The competition is divided up into two components:
In the first round the competition will be open to all final year student chefs in South Africa.
Entrants will be required to:
1. Entrants will be required to prepare a 1 minute video or less and send via wetransfer to:
Build a case, in no more than 100 words, why potatoes “make everything taste
better”. Do they? The potato nation believes potatoes are South Africa’s classic goodness
food from the ground. There will be a text section to complete this online on our website
Failure to complete this section automatically disqualifies you.
Submit a copy of your identity document and proof of registration as a student at
any accredited culinary/chef school in South Africa. The will be a section online to upload
these supporting documents.
Failure to upload these supporting documents automatically disqualifies you.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR 1ST ROUND:
Highly acclaimed and well know foodie and blogger, Anna Montali together with Potatoes South Africa officials will select the top 10 finalist who will proceed to the second round.
In the second round, our top finalists will be awarded with an air fryer and a R250 shopping voucher to prepare the dish they submitted in the first round.
The preparation of the dish and final presentation must be recorded as well
The recording must be professionally executed and shall include the following:
Very Important: The final video to be submitted, shall also be 1 minute or less!!
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR 2ND ROUND:
The videos of the top ten finalists shall be sent via Wetransfer to:
Potatoes South Africa will publish each video on POTATOES_ZA Instagram for the general public to vote for their: POTATO SMACKDOWN CHAMP!
WINNING IS EVERYTHING
COMPETITION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These rules apply to the POTATO SMACKDOWN COMPETITION 2019. This competition is being run by: Potatoes South Africa (PSA) NPC, with company registration number: 2005/034944/08. Please contact us on 012 349 1906 (weekdays during office hours 07h45 – 16h15) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the competition.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules:
The competition will run from the 15 of May 2019 and end on the 15 of June 2019. To enter this competition please visit www.potatonation.co.za. Go to the competition’s page for details.
Five random voters stand a chance to win R1 000 cash. The voters are required to:
Who can enter?
ONLY final year culinary/cooking school students between the ages of 19 - 25 may enter can enter the main competition.
Voting is open to all, excluding Potatoes South Africa officials, their family and friends and service providers.
1. Competition entrants shall not hold PSA liable for any technical errors originating from PSA hosting website and social media platforms - (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), network suppliers and other service providers.
2. Participants shall be responsible for any data, cell-phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access Instagram to enter the competition.
3. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You are disclosing your information to PSA and not to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
4. By participating in this promotion you release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability in relation to this competition.
5. No part of the predetermined prize will be exchangeable/transferable for anything either than what was communicated as the prize.
6. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
8. The selection of winners will remain final. Any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered.
Please… Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.